Mavs Fall to Denver in Conference Finale, 7-0
In doubles play, UNO lost all three matches and the doubles point. At No. 1 doubles, sophomore Tiffany Hottman and senior Alex Tran lost to Kathryn Hughes and Sonja Radosevic, 8-5. No. 2 saw freshmen Hylan Miller and Kenzie Hill fall to Natalie Dunn and Evy Van Genechten, 8-3, while sophomore Molly Matricardi and junior Jacqueline Baude lost to Caroline Schnell and Michelle Garpenlov, 8-3 at No. 3.
Denver continued to challenge UNO in singles play. At No. 2, Miller fought hard but lost to Radosevic, 0-6, 6-1, 1-6. Also playing well for the Mavs was Matricardi, who lost to Hughes, 7-5, 6-0 at No. 3. At the No. 6 spot, Baude lost to Dunn, 7-5, 6-0.
Omaha returns to action on Saturday, April 26 for the National Invitational Tennis Tournament, hosted by Omaha at Koch Tennis Center. The Mavs will face fellow Division I reclassifying schools Abilene Christian and Grand Canyon.
Denver 7, Omaha 0
1. Caroline Schnell (DU) def. Alex Tran (UNO-W) 6-1, 6-2
2. Sonja Radosevic (DU) def. Hylan Miller (UNO-W) 6-0, 1-6, 6-1
3. Kathryn Hughes (DU) def. Molly Matricardi (UNO-W) 7-5, 6-0
4. Evy Van Genechten (DU) def. Lindsay Weideman (UNO-W) 6-2, 6-1
5. Charlotte Derbyshire (DU) def. Kenzie Hill (UNO-W) 6-1, 6-0
6. Natalie Dunn (DU) def. Jacqueline Baude (UNO-W) 7-5, 6-0
1. Kathryn Hughes/Sonja Radosevic (DU) def. Tiffany Hottman/Alex Tran (UNO-W) 8-5
2. Natalie Dunn/Evy Van Genechten (DU) def. Hylan Miller/Kenzie Hill (UNO-W) 8-3
3. Caroline Schnell/Michelle Garpenlov (DU) def. Molly Matricardi/Jacqueline Baude (UNO-W) 8-3
Order of finish: Doubles (3,1,2); Singles (5,4,1,6,2,3)