Bluejays Top Mavs, 7-0
OMAHA, Neb. - The UNO men's tennis team suffered a 7-0 defeat at the hands of Creighton on Thursday at the Hanscom Brandeis Tennis Center in Omaha, Neb. The loss dropped the Mavericks to 2-2 on the season, while Creighton is now 2-1.
Creighton won the first doubles match of the day at No. 3 Doubles as Nick Thompson and Harrison Lang took the match 8-4. The Mavs were able to bounce back at No. 1 Doubles with Eric McKnight and Adam Dockery defeating Billy Paluch and Jake Norman 8-6. Creighton then secured the point with an 8-6 decision at No. 2 doubles before sweeping the singles matches for the 7-0 victory. In singles action, James McManus was the most competitive Maverick at No. 3 singles, falling to Jake Norman 6-3, 4-6, and 1-0 (10-6).
The Mavericks finish their three match road trip on Saturday with a trip to Grand Forks, N.D. to face North Dakota. Start time is 3 p.m.
1. PALUCH, Billy (CU) def. Eric McKnight (NO) 6-1, 6-2
2. BAKER, Elliot (CU) def. Adam Dockery (NO) 7-5, 6-2
3. NORMAN, Jake (CU) def. James McManus (NO) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (10-6)
4. DIPPEL, Quinn (CU) def. Erik Anderson (NO) 6-2, 6-4
5. LANG, Harrison (CU) def. Nathan Greteman (NO) 6-2, 6-3
6. CHALSTROM, Aaron (CU) def. Michael Knudsen (NO) 6-3, 6-1